Capital Storytelling awards up to $350 for CSUS students who demonstrate financial need and exceptional desire and merit to participate in the Audio-Radio Storytelling Workshop. The workshop is a 4 week course in which students learn the basics to audio recording and editing. The scholarship does not depend on the student’s major (students from any major may apply).
Please copy the following questions and paste them into the “Comment” box at the bottom of this page and answer. To be considered for a scholarship, please answer fully. Note: It’s recommended to write your answers to the questions in a separate Word document and paste them into the form below (so that you can save your work and not lose your responses in case of webpage slowness or glitches). Once you have fully answered all questions and pasted them into the form below, click “submit” at the bottom. You should receive a confirmation of your submission within 48 hours. If you have any questions about this process, feel free to email us at email@example.com.
- Are you a student at CSUS? Y/N
- What is your class standing? (Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, or Senior?):
- Have you declared a major? Y/N If so, what is your major (declared or projected):
- Please explain why you would like to participate in this workshop (approx. 100-400 words).
- Would learning to create audio stories help you in your college career or future career? In what way (100-400 words)?
- What is your favorite radio show or podcast and why? Describe one of your favorite episodes from that podcast/show (100-400 words).
- If you would like to add something more to this application—something that we did not ask but that you feel is important for us to consider when making the decision to award this scholarship—please comment on it below.
- If you are awarded a scholarship, will you be able to attend all 4 workshop class dates? Y / N