Come join us at LogOff Brewing for our monthly in-person true storytelling open mic event, Do Tell! At the event, you’ll hear personal stories told by regular folks just like you. In fact, we invite you and anyone else who is interested, to put their name in our hat for a chance to tell us all a story. You can find the guidelines below. Come out to just listen or come tell a story! Food and beverages are for sell at the venue.
Second Tuesday of each month (check our calendar for dates!)
3054 Sunrise Blvd Suite J
Rancho Cordova, CA 95742
Guidelines for Your “Do Tell” Open Mic Story
- Tell us a TRUE story about something you did or experienced: Fiction is wonderful, but we want to hear about events from your life and things that you have personally experienced! Lectures, rants, listicles, guided meditations, singalongs, sermons, and elevator pitches ALL have their place, but this isn’t it.
- Try to keep it under 8 minutes: We’ll give you a gentle one minute warning at 7 minutes; please wrap it up by 8 min so that there’s time for everyone else’s stories.
- Leave your notes and phones behind: We find that the best personal stories are often those that are told without notes. So please don’t read your story to us – just tell it to us! (And we won’t judge you if you mix up the timeline or forget a part!)
- Be respectful: We want everyone to feel welcome and respected, so please do not use stereotypes, slurs, racial epithets, or derogatory language about any group. Also, please do not use accents and dialects from cultures that are not your own. If you are unsure about something in your story, ask the host.
- Aim for an R rating (or less): We know y’all have some crazy stories (and we wanna hear ‘em), but let’s try to keep them R-rated or under. And please read the room; if there are kids present consider giving a content warning to parents. Sometimes opting for euphemisms instead of coarse language will do the trick… And finally, please give a content warning before your story if you think it could cause anyone fear or anxiety.
To put your name in the hat, show up a little early and find the host! The host will then draw names from the hat and those people will be invited on stage to share their 8-mins-or-less story with the crowd!